Timber Barn – Elmira, ON
The Timber Barn is looking for a passionate and talented cabinet maker to fill a full-time position.
Located in St. Jacobs (millwork shop in Elmira, Ontario), in the last 5 years our kitchen division has grown to be synonymous with quality and style. We are quickly becoming one of the most sought after custom kitchen companies in and beyond southern Ontario.
The Cabinetmaker produces and assembles cabinets and high-grade furniture by verifying dimensions and checking the quality and fit of pieces in order to ensure adherence to specifications. The Cabinetmaker sets up and operates machines, including power saws, jointers, mortises, molders, and shapers to cut, mold, and shape wood and wood substitutes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Operating woodworking machines and using hand tools to cut, shape and form wood
- Break-out and glue-up of parts
- Reinforcing joints using nails or screws
- Sanding wooden surfaces and applying veneer, stain or polish to finished products
- Preparing or interpreting drawings or blueprints
Education and Experience
- High school diploma/GED
- Experience with small hand tools, power tools, sliding tables saws and other cutting equipment
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the cabinetry assembly or carpentry field
- Ability to read and follow drawings with strong attention to detail
- Aptitude to cut and build cabinetry
- Basic knowledge of the manufacturing industry
- Team player but also able to work on projects independently and productively
- Willingness to work overtime as needed
- Reliable and dependable with a sense of urgency in completing work
- High standards of workmanship
Interested and qualified applicants can send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive environment for all individuals. Should you require any form of accommodation throughout the recruitment process please advise our office by contacting email@example.com.SUBMIT YOUR RESUME